Wednesday, April 14, 2010

ALASKA - Warren Miller shoots with CPG



This Photo by Chris Davenport



It's been a couple years since I made the spring jaunt North to Alaska - I did miss it. I was assigned to shoot a segment for the next Warren Miller flick with some old friends at Chugach Powder Guides, Chris Owens and crew have hosted me up here at least 8 times over the last 12 years. It's a great operation and I feel like I am among friends when I work up there, I was there 12 years ago when they hatched the operation and have seen it grow both in clients and terrain. They really know how to keep my vision and our objectives a priority - they keep us safe and always working toward our goals. I was joined by Chris Davenport and Stian Hagen, Dav and I were here together 12 years ago (equipped with skinny skis then) and a few years ago in the Tordrillo Range also under the CPG umbrella. Dav is a total pro and we have such a similar vision for the terrain and photography that we really don't have to say much to get the job done. This was my first shoot with Stian and he was very impressive - a great style and confidence in every turn. We ended up with 2 really good days and perfect snow conditions - one of which was probably my most production shoot day in AK every - 2600 feet of film and 5.5 hours of heli time in 8 hours, we got the momentum we needed and just kept hammering off shots on a steep face that just kept producing spectacular shots. I am looking forward to seeing the dailies of this stuff asap.

Thanks for your interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment