Thursday, January 6, 2011

Recap - the end of 2010...






So yes it's been awhile since I last updated. My bad.

I last reported from Munich and the Adelholzener Shoot - well, I edited for a week in Munich and lined up the Visual FX shots with the digital crew (Rico) at Arri and then we raced back to the Jungfrau region of Switzerland for a day of shooting skiing for the spot. We had tremendous good fortune and nailed our timing, during the week of editing, it just pounded snow in the mountains of Switzerland, a fresh meter of powder welcomed us on our crystal clear shoot day, keep in mind it was now the last week of October and we had a heli and a meter of new snow to shoot with. Needless to say the day went very well, super cold -20f, a real shocker when you are used to summer and flip flops. Six weeks later the visual FX guys have worked some movie magic, sadly I can't show it till March when the spot airs in German.


I came home for a week and then Jim Klug and I had a Confluence Films trip to East Africa - a remote part of Tanzania to be exact - this time TIGER FISH! Jeff Currier a world class fly fisherman and globetrotter joined us for some incredible shooting. Stunning landscapes, real wild Africa, it was a dream trip. The piece we shot is a segment in the next film we are producing via Jim and my company Confluence Films, the film will be released in November and to date we have shot in Japan, Maine and Africa.... still to do - Cuba, Alaska and Yellowstone Park.




I returned home and we(Chris @ Ranch Exit Films and I) quickly pulled together another great shoot for Saatchi & Saatchi and their long time client Toyota. A week in the snow shooting cars, it was great, Montana had a lot of early snow this winter and we managed to shoot downtown Bozeman, around Montana State University and up in the alpine around Hyalite Lake. It's a great crew and always fun to share a place we love with good friends.




Holidays of course offered loads of time to ski, skate, sled and sip Hot Coco with the family.


Now here in early 2011 I'm headed to Southern Colorado - Silverton Mountain to be exact to shoot a commercial for a Russian Oil Company, it's a 2014 Olympic partnership spot that has a ski chase and ski B.A.S.E jump in it. Should be fun, I love the area and shooting in the San Juans is always a pleasure.

I promise to update more regularly.... it's my New Year's resolution

Happy New Year!

Thanks for your interest
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment