Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Silverton Shoot - The Director Rupert Weinwright

Silverton, CO - Day 1 of shooting: Sometimes when we shoot projects, I use the phase "I feel handcuffed" in this photo(thanks Logan) I look handcuffed, beside me is Director Rupert Weinwright - I feel like he should be saying "Son, did you really think you could steal this helicopter?"

In all seriousness, it was a pleasure to work with him, he is extremely experienced and detail oriented. I find it amazing how great directors can have a total understanding of a subject in just a few minutes of being exposed to it, in this case it was "Freeskiing" and "SKI BASE JUMPING". Chris Nolan was the same way, neither Rupert nor Chris come from the mountains, or a skiing background and somehow they just immediately understand it and absorb it. I would assume this is the case with everything they do. I hope to posses this sense of complete control and confidence as my career unfolds.
Note: The photo is actually a shot of the "Making of" Crew, the gal in the fur is Russian and hosting the "making of ...." So look for our crew on tv the next time you are surfing the channels in Moscow.

No comments:

Post a Comment